The proven power of the Ansys Mechanical suite of simulation tools has been added to Stone Lake’s toolbox. This investment allows us to add capability for the toughest problem sets and to interface with other high-end engineering tools.
In particular Ansys will help us better to:
- Work directly with complicated and finely detailed models, with reduced prep work,
- Import thermal loads and other bulk data from external sources,
- Improve definition of the details of contact problems,
- Pull out more detailed reaction force information from contacts, and
- Better control model precision around key areas.
A new specialties brochure illustrates how Ansys is used in analysis of high pressure die cast tool sets.